- Information proceeds from the particular (name or company name) to the general (country of destination), along the length of the envelope.
- The address is written in Roman characters and Arabic numerals.
- The address includes a maximum of seven lines:
- Maximum of 38 characters and spaces per line.
- Lines of text should not be double-spaced.
- A space must appear between words.
- No punctuation should be used from the line containing the road number and name onward (Line 4).
- It is best to use capital letters for the last four lines.
- In line 6, “SAINT” and “SAINTE” may be shortened to “ST” and “STE”, respectively.
- When applicable, the term “CEDEX” (for commercial mailboxes) must appear after the city name in line 6. CEDEX mail is subject to special distribution conditions. The term “CEDEX” must be included to ensure that your mail is treated as such. It may be followed by one or two digits.
To find the addresses of contacts who have moved while bringing your databases up to speed, choose Address change due to moving.
To boost your reply rate and ensure correct return addresses, offer your addressee the option of responding free of charge through Priority service using the simplicity of Business Reply Service.
To send out fully compliant and perfectly-prepared mail, get help with your mailing operations. For every step from printing documents to managing replies, choose Docapost DPS for industrial volumes or Maileva for mid-sized volumes. These services will help you make the most of your time.Contact your sales representative for more information or to have a mock-up validated.